What are your rights when you provide your personal data to us?
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw consent
Any person has the right to obtain confirmation with respect to whether the University of Deusto is processing personal data concerning them. Data subjects have the right to access the personal data being processed, and to request to have inaccurate personal data rectified or, where appropriate, deleted, when, among other reasons, such data are no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected for.
If you have given your consent for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
In some circumstances, those concerned may request restriction of processing of personal data, in which case these will only be stored for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
In certain circumstances, or for reasons related to a specific situation, those concerned may object to the processing of their personal data. The University of Deusto will no longer conduct any processing of data unless the centre concerned demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
Data subjects may request the portability of their data. This right gives you the right to receive personal data you have provided to the University of Deusto in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (both those provided directly by the data subject and those directly derived from the development of the service provided) or request that they are transmitted directly from the University of Deusto to another company with which they have contracted a service, without needing to be previously transmitted, provided that this is technically possible (compatibility of systems between both companies).
How can you exercise your rights?
The University of Deusto facilitates those interested the exercise of the rights related to the processing of their personal data.
This can be done as follows:
1. By post
- You can write to the following postal address:
- University of Deusto
24, Universidades Avenue
48007 - Bilbao - Biscay
- University of Deusto
- You must enclose a photocopy of your ID card, passport or foreigners’ identity number (NIE) and include:
- Name and surnames.
- Postal address for notification purposes.
- Reasons for your request.
- If acting through a representative, the document providing proof of it.
- Supporting documents for your request, if required.
- Date and signature of request.
2. By email
- You must send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, including all the items listed above for requests by post.
Where should you go if you are not satisfied with the protection of your rights?
In the event of disagreement with the University of Deusto regarding the exercise of your rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at the University by sending an email to: email@example.com
You can also contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Control Authority) to file a claim through its website www.aepd.es