Enrolment of new students
When can I enrol?
The term of enrollment awarded is detailed in the admission letter.
Enrolment must be made within the deadlines indicated on the letter of admission. If you cannot enrol on the specified deadline, please contact the General Secretariat before the end of the deadline. Failure to do so will result in enrolment being rejected and the place in the programme will be offered to another candidate.
How to apply
You can formalize the registration via postal mail sending all the required documentation duly authenticated within the period asigned in the admission letter, to the general secretary of the campus where the PhD is taught.
If you prefer to formalize the registration in person, it must be done by previous appointment.
Important instructions as a result of the health situation by COVID19:
- Follow the security and hygiene requirements and recommendations set out by the health authorities (mask use, hydroalcoholic gel, etc.).
- Only one person at a time will be allowed to enter; only the candidate or authorised person may do so.
- If possible, avoid travelling outside the appointment time for registration. If you have any queries, please call us or send us an email. You will find our contact details at the end of this document.
- To avoid unnecessary travel, please check beforehand that you have all the supporting documents required.
- Due to capacity limitations, it is important that you respect the appointment time given to you for enrolment.
- Bring your own pen to sign the enrolment receipt.
How to request previous appointment? Only for registration in person
For further information on how to book an appointment, obtain forms and enrolment instructions, please see https://estudiantes.deusto.es/login. To book an appointment, you must have an @opendeusto.es email account. You will receive an email with instructions on how to obtain it.
If you cannot enrol on the specified deadline, please contact the General Secretariat before the end of the deadline. If you fail to enrol, it will be understood that you refuse the offer of a place on the programme and it will be automatically offered to another candidate.
Forms and supporting documents
Download the enrolment forms and instructions, fill in the enrolment form and hand it in at the General Secretariat with the required supporting documents. If you preffer, you can send them by postal mail.
Once completed, they can be submitted to the General Secretariat with all the necessary supporting documentation, or sent by post.
We remember that when the candidate makes her registration, she must sign the Documentary Commitment of Guardianship and Supervision.
Documentary Commitment of Guardianship and Supervision form
The Documentary Commitment will be signed on each of the sheets by the Program Coordinator, and by the Director (or Directors, if applicable) and Tutor (if any) when appointed.
IMPORTANT: only original signatures will be accepted.
Re-enrolment on PhD degree programmes for next academic year should be done online from July on. Specific dates still undefined.
Deadlines and online enrolment are available on "My enrolment" section at Extranet de Estudiante.
(Please ignore if programme of studies has been completed, or in case of withdrawal or cancellation)
Doctoral thesis registration
Enrolment in second year will be conditional upon the Research Plan and PhD thesis registration. The registration deadlines are as follows:
- For students whose Research Proposals are approved in the first session: dates undefined.From July 19th to September 25th 2019
- For students whose Research Proposals are approved in the second session: from February 17th to March 17th 2020.
Download doctoral thesis registration form
Your PhD thesis must be submitted duly authorised (email submission is not valid) so that the application for thesis registration can be processed. Failure to register the thesis will result in the ex-officio cancellation of the conditional enrolment made and exclusion from the PhD Programme.
Documents of interest