GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE GRANTS FOR DEGREE STUDIES.
The Deusto Grants are aimed at students enrolled in the University of Deusto's own centres and who have shown interest in participating in this scholarship programme, who are not in possession of a prior official university degree and who undertake or are to undertake:
- Official degree studies
- Joint program of official studies
- Combined training programme with our own title
The grant shall be granted on an annual basis and may be renewed on an ongoing basis provided that the student submits the application duly completed and signed, in accordance with the relevant call, and that the requirements laid down therein are met.
In the combined training programmes and in the official studies with the own curriculum associated, the grant will apply to all new subjects, including those of the own degree plan.
The Deusto Grants are of a monetary nature, consisting of a percentage discount on the amount of registration of new subjects. The aid will be up to a maximum of 40% of the amount, which is calculated and discounted only on the teaching fees.
They shall not apply to the contribution, either within the registration or to recognition fees.
This aid could be supplemented by the granting of an Honorary Loan which reaches up to a maximun of 80% of the total cost of the Degree studies for the year 2022-23, provided that the requirements for this are met.
To apply for those grants the students must fulfil the next requirements:
1. General requirements
- To be enrolled in one of the studies listed in the section "Object and Beneficiaries". The application does not require registration. This requirement shall be verified from the Scholarship Service.
- Not to have a prior official university degree.
- To apply for the scholarship of official general calls (Basque Government or Ministry of Education).
- If you are resident in the Basque country, and qualify for this, apply for the bonus based on public prices (Basque Government agreement), for large families and members of other groups in the General Secretariat of the University.
In no case may the compatibility of different scholarship programmes result in a higher benefit than the actual cost of the enrolled studies.
2. Academic requirements for the course 2022-23
New students to University of Deusto Degrees:
- Having obtained a mean score of 6 or more in previous studies.
- In the case of High School, it shall be the access note (0,6*High school Note + 0,4 * university's access exam (general phase note).
- In case of a change in university studies, the requirement for an average mark must be met in university studies (high school, professional training) or academic records.
Enroll a minimum of 60 credits, or the maximum allowed by the application of academic regulations or the total credits needed to complete studies.
Students who renew matriculation:
- Having obtained an average grade in the last enrolled course of their studies equal to or greater than 6; for the calculation of that average grade, all subjects enrolled (surpassed or not) and all subjects and recognised credits composed for the average grade shall be taken into account, accounting for the non-submitted grade 0.
- In cases where, on justified grounds, the right of assessment has been requested and granted in the call, that subject shall not be taken into account for the calculation of the average note.
- Having exceeded 70% of the credits registered in the last academic year; for this purpose, they do not comprise the credits and recognised subjects or the subjects in which the right to call for evaluation has been granted.
- Enroll a minimum of 60 credits or the maximum allowed by the application of academic regulations or the total amount of credits that are missing to complete studies.
3. Economic requirements for the course 2022-23
A. INCOME LIMITS
Family income may not exceed the limits of the following thresholds:
|Members of the family unit||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
- Requirement: The average mark of the access report dotaciónof 6 or more
- Endowment: up to 40%
Once the first income threshold has been exceeded, the grant of up to 20% may be eligible for the following three thresholds, including the specific note for each. This note shall be the average mark of the previous academic year.
Members of the family unit
- Requirement: The average mark of the access report dotaciónof 7 or more
- Endowment: up to 20%
Members of the family unit
- Requirement: The average mark of the access report dotaciónof 8 or more
- Endowment: up to 20%
|Members of the family unit||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
- Requirement: The average mark of the access report dotaciónof 9 or more
- Endowment: up to 20%
B. WEALTH THRESHOLD
The aid applied for shall be refused where the value of the property and/or property income of the family unit exceeds the following limits:
|Return on capital||The return on capital of the Capital Unit (Taxable Savings Base) shall not exceed 2100 €|
|Town properties||The sum of the cadastral values shall not exceed EUR 42,900. Regular house shall not be computed.
The number of dwellings owned by the housing unit may not exceed 1,5 (not counting the usual dwelling)
Where there are several indicative assets described, the percentage of each element shall be calculated in respect of the relevant threshold. The sum of these percentages shall not exceed 100.
C. THRESHOLDS FOR ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES
The total turnover of the economic activities of the fiscal year for all members of the family unit shall not exceed 169,470 €
NOTE: The Scholarship will be revoked if the Scholarship Application of the official call is denied by any of these economic property requirements.
Calculation of household income
- The applicant is responsible for any economic information supplied in the application and has a legal obligation to submit documentation justifying the full income of his household/family unit.
- If, in the light of all the circumstances involved in each particular case, the existence of a distortion of the necessary requirements or the concealment of the circumstances which would have determined its refusal could be assessed, the decision on the granting of the aid or the refusal of the requested aid would be amended to agree on its reintegration.
- The parent, guardian or legal guardian, the applicant and single siblings under the age of 26 living in the household shall be considered as members.
- Brothers or sisters over the age of 26 who are economically dependent on the family unit and ascendants who live permanently in the same household may also be considered as calculable members.
- It is also composed members of persons who, for reasons of re-marriage, or for any other form of coexistence, live in the same domicile, whose income and wealth will also be computed.
- n cases where the applicant claims family independence, this must be sufficiently substantiated. In such cases, the persons with whom the emancipated person lives in the same domicile shall be considered as calculable members. However, the Fellowship Commission, taking into account the documentation provided, will assess the existence or not of effective emancipation for the purpose of resolving the grant application.
Family income is obtained considering all the income obtained by all the members of the household and/or family unit. It shall be obtained from each INCOME statement of the last calendar year closed. And it will be the result of: 'the general tax base' + 'taxable base of savings' - 'liquid share'. Revenue exempted or not subject to IRPF shall also be taken into account where appropriate.
In the case of members of the family unit who are not the applicant, the main support person and their spouse or partner, they shall be counted at 50%.
In order to determine income in cases where the IRPF declaration has not been lodged, all income obtained from any concept such as work income, unemployment benefits, pensions, etc. shall be added together and the amounts withheld by IRPF and deductible expenses shall be subtracted.
In cases where self-employment income is declared, grant applications shall be settled taking into account the turnover and not the final declared return.
In cases where parents declare separation or divorce, 100 per cent of the income of the custodian parent and 50 per cent of the non-custodian shall be taken as a general rule. If the Scholarship Commission considers that the income of the custodian parent is insufficient to cover the expenses, 100 per cent of both parents shall be considered as income.
- If the regulatory agreement specifies “Shared Custody”, 100% of the income of both parents shall be considered.
- In other cases, consideration will be given to similar cases in the General Scholarship Call of the Basque Government to the same academic year.
The call shall also set maximum economic limits, so that the applicant, who is part of a household and/or family unit that exceeds the limit laid down, is not entitled to a scholarship.
In all cases, the declared income shall be consistent with the costs incurred by both the applicant and the family unit on which it depends. The Scholarship Commission will reject all applications in which the inconsistency between revenue and expenditure is appreciated.
Deductions on family income
The following amounts may be deducted from family income:
- EUR 3,000 for each other member of the household and/or family unit who is enrolled in official degree or university master's degree in the University of Deusto up to a maximum of EUR 9000.
- Specific cases: Instructions for calculating computable limbs and family income.
Students not resident in the Spanish state should replace the documentation requested by the equivalents in their country of residence.
- Certificate of registration or administrative neighbourhood, including the list of all persons resident at home, on 1 January of the year in which the scholarship is requested.
- Access from Profesional Higher Grade Training Cycles: copy of the record of the upper cycle containing the average grade.
- Students who change studies: a copy of the academic record of leaving university studies.
a) Students applying for Deusto Scholarship in the course 2021-22:
- A copy of the 2021 IRPF declarations of both parents (whatever the situation of cohabitation). In Bizkaia the document "Integrates Quota" or the simulation of the liquidation of the IRPF must be delivered.
- In the event of non-IRPF, certification of all income earned by the family unit during 2021 and not detailed in the GFR declaration (exempted pensions, etc).
b) Students who in the course 2021-22 DID NOT apply for a Deusto grant must submit all the required documentation, as appropriate, on the application form.
- Full photocopy of the IRPF 2021 declaration for the previous fiscal year (last closed) of all members of the household/family unit. In Bizkaia the document "Integrates Quota" or the simulation of the liquidation of the IRPF must be delivered. (INDICATIONS for printing the Bizkaina Treasury document).
- If any of the members of the household/family unit were not required to submit a INCOME statement, the Finance Certificate with the imputation of income for that year.
Certificate of all income in 2021 in the household/family unit, due to unemployment, pensions, promotion funds, etc. and which are not detailed in the INCOME statement.
- In case of separation or divorce or dissolution of the de facto couple:
- Copy of the regulatory agreement
- Accreditation of the updated amount of the pension received or, failing this, documenting that it has not been received during the year or a copy of the claim for non-payment.
- A copy of the IRPF 2021 declaration of the parent who is not a custodian, or a Financial Certificate with the imputation of the income for that year.
Application and Deadline
Las solicitudes podrán remitirse en el plazo de presentación señalado, aunque no coincida con el plazo de matrícula.
Los estudiantes residentes en la Comunidad Autónoma del País Vasco y pertenecientes a Familia numerosa, y/o con minusvalía legalmente calificada (del alumno o algún familiar directo), y/o victimas de terrorismo, y/o discapacidad o minusvalía del estudiante o familiar, y/o victima de violencia de género, deberán solicitar, además, las "Bonificaciones sobre Precios Públicos" que otorga el Gobierno Vasco y que se gestionan a través de la Secretaría General de la Universidad.
El plazo único de presentación de las solicitudes será
del 1 de junio al 22 de julio de 2022.
1.- Estudiantes de nueva matrícula en la Universidad de Deusto
1.1 Los estudiantes que accedan por primera vez a estudios de grado en la Universidad de Deusto deberán cumplimentar la solicitud de Beca por el sistema de AUTOSERVICIO. Siguiendo las instrucciones de acceso, elegir la opción de menú "Gestión Becas Propias". Una vez cumplimentado el formulario, se genera un resguardo. Indicaciones Autoservicio.
1.2 Dicho resgurado del formulario de solicitud de autoservicio de beca, junto con la documentación requerida, se entregará PERSONALMENTE en el Servicio de Becas.
2.- Estudiantes de grado de cursos superiores
2.1 Los estudiantes que realicen la renovación por automatrícula deberán cumplimentar la solicitud de Beca por el sistema de AUTOSERVICIO. Accediendo con tu cuenta de email @opendeusto y tu contraseña, elegir el menú "Gestión Becas Propias". Una vez cumplimentado el formulario, se genera un resguardo. Indicaciones Autoservicio. Indicaciones Autoservicio.
2.2 Dicho resguardo así como el resto de la documentación requerida correspondiente en cada caso, deberán adjuntarla en el siguiente FORMULARIO ON LINE, dentro del plazo establecido.
Se solicitará indiquen la cuenta de email @opendeusto.
La documentación que deberán adjuntar en el mismo formulario y será la que a correspondiente a cada caso.
Resolución, comunicación y alegaciones
Se emitirá una primera resolución provisional con anterioridad al cobro de la mensualidad de octubre. El descuento asignadose aplicará en cada uno de los pagos mensuales, de octubre a mayo.
La resolución tendrá carácter definitivo transcurrido el plazo de alegaciones y las comprobaciones con las resoluciones efectuadas en las convocatorias generales de las becas de los organismos oficiales pertinentes.
Alegaciones y comunicación
En el plazo de 10 días naturales desde la publicación de la primera resolución realizada sobre su solicitdu de beca, el estudiante prodrá presentar solicitud de reconsideración aportando, en todo caso, nuevos datos que la justifiquen debidamente acreditados, dirigida a la Comisión de Becas Deusto.
Las resoluciones de la Comisión de Becas ante las alegaciones recibidas no serán objeto de reconsideración.