On International Women's day, Commissioner Mariya Gabriel will co-host with President Roberta Metsola a celebratory event, in Strasbourg and online, with four prominent women, featured in the #EUWomen4future social media campaign and a recipient of the EU Prize for Women Innovators. The campaign, which ended in March 2021, put a spotlight women's professional achievements in culture, education, sport, and science.
The seminar will take the form of a conversation between these 6 women. It will be an opportunity to listen, share and learn about life during the pandemic, professional achievements, the EU's work on gender equality and the hope of today's girls and young women.
- President of the European Parliament Roberta Metsola
- Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth Mariya Gabriel
- Michaela Brchnelova, doctoral student at the Centre for Mathematical Plasma-Astrophysics in Leuven, Belgium
- Edilia Gänz, Director of FEDORA – The European Circle of Philanthropists of Opera and Ballet.
- Maria Fátima Lucas, co-founder and CEO of Zymvol Biomodeling, a company developing computer-designed industrial enzymes by applying molecular modelling (Women innovator 2020)
- Ana Proykova, Dr habil in Physics and Mathematics, PhD in Nuclear Physics, research professor at the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics (FMI) at Sofia University. Director of Research at the Center for Excellence in ICT - UNITE and Head of the Laboratory of High-Performance Computing (HPC), in Sofia Tech Park.
The event will be live streamed on this Webpage. No registration is necessary.