The scope of the Undergraduate Degrees is to design and regulate the learning spaces in the diversity dimensions that correspond to the gender equality, equity and respect for human rights which shape the values of citizenship education.
On the macro level, the competences are focused on promotion egalitarian and inclusive education among girls and boys and encourage overcoming reductionist stereotypes, the education of democratic values, respect for the environment and universal accessibility. They are developed in a transversal manner in the numerous courses as Social Sciences, Ethics and Professional Ethics, Language and Communication skills, Language and Literature, Foreign Language that are given within the Degrees Programs.
BACHELOR´S DEGREE IN:
Departing from a transdisciplinary approach the main aim of this course is to provide students with a critical framework for thinking of gender identity as an integral component of the human condition that pervades both the real and symbolic orders of social life, and intersects with other social and cultural identities such as race, class, nationality, or religion.
Together with this main goal this course aims at analyzing the construction of women as social and cultural subjects, exploring how gender identities are constructed and to identify the dominant cultural fabric of stereotypes and prejudices that underlie an apparently neutral reality, getting acquainted with the main trends of feminism and theoretical thinking on women's studies in the past, and the challenges for the future, promoting gender justice by identifying the challenges of gender inequality in contemporary societies in order to gain mutual understanding and a fairer society.
- Modern Languages and Management
- Physical Activity and Sports Sciences + Primary Education
- Physical Activity and Sports Sciences
- Primary Education. Concentrations in Foreign Language: English and Therapeutic Pedagogy
- Primary Education. Concentrations in Hearing and Speech Sciences and Physical Education
- Social Education
- Social Education + Social Work
- Social Work
- The discrimination and gender violence are the first order social problems where the social intervention takes place. This course applies a new methodology for approaching and understanding the social reality that significantly impacts a gender perspective. The course is structured in four units. Gender: the Social Construct that teaches basic concepts as sex, gender, sex-gender system, gender and socialization, gender relationship and power structures and concept as sexual division of the work, androcentrism. Gender Perspective in the Analysis of the Social Reality covers gender asymmetries in the era of globalization, the survival feminization, gender and education, gender and reproductive and unpaid work, gender and media.
Gender and Social Exclusion studies gender differences and the poverty, the poverty generating processes, gender and ethnicity, gender and migrations; gender and disability. Discrimination and Public Policies for the Gender Equality observes gender, equality and public policy, discrimination against women and their priority in public authorities, main strategies: equality plans, affirmative action, empowerment, mainstreaming.