The research management unit included in the Office for Transfer of Research Result(OTRI)/DEIKER (research promotion and management agency) aims to offer integral administrative management of R+D+i programmes as well as dissemination, support and monitoring for all external and internal calls for projects which may be of interest to researchers at our university.
Within the OTRI/DEIKER organisation chart, this unit’s mission is to assist and support researchers in the tasks related to carrying out research projects.
Some of its objectives include:
- Assist researchers in the presentation, economic and administrative management, technical and economic justification of research projects and agreements, as well as grants and other public and private funding.
- Set up information systems to enable transparent rigorous management of research projects.
- Centralise relationships between researchers and national, autonomous and local governments promoting calls for proposals for subsidised research projects.
- Manage the internal calls for proposals that foster and boost research.
- Disseminate information: Locate research subsidies and calls for proposals and inform researchers at the UD.
- Manage: Manage applications for internal and external calls.
- Monitor: Follow up projects, feasibility plans, payments, etc.
- Assess: Assistance during development of the project, manage changes in the project, etc.
- Justify: Draw up justifications, allegations and other administrative proceedings.
- Assess: Collect information on the projects presented and feed internal and external statistics.
This unit handles management of UD or external programmes focusing on:
- Execution of basic and applied research projects.
- Specific scientific activities: attendance to and organisation of national and international scientific congresses and meetings.
- Improvement of scientific infrastructure.
- Fostering scientific production of excellence.
- Courses for researchers.
- How research groups work.
- Encouraging students to begin research.