Project: Leaders of international market niches and their relevance for international competition and Foreign Trade
Principal Investigator: Bart Kamp
Main external stakeholder: SPRI
Start date: 01/01/2016
End date: 31/12/2016
Interdisciplinary Platform/ Area: B-Creative
Funding scheme: SPRI – Basque Agency for Business Development
The project INMLs puts into perspective habits and assets that contribute to business competitiveness in an international framework and provides pathways to sustainability and growth of business activities and the preservation and creation of employment and welfare. Focusing on SMEs, the project helps to find ways they can improve their international competitiveness and continue acting as an engine of employment generation and socioeconomic welfare. The project has helped:
- Mapping of highly internationalized Basque companies and behavioral patterns of these successful companies in niche international market.
- Function as “eyeopener" and a new "mental framework” in public opinion and among the media.
- Findings conceived as “shaping factor" in designing programs / policy support from the government.
- Influence on the work of policy makerspolicy makers and business assets attitudes and lead to social progress.
- Advances in key "business innovation" of the business and the territory and development policies of companies