Project: Promoting business commitment in Gipuzkoa
Principal investigator: Henar Alcalde
Main external stakeholder: Circular Hub: Impact Hub Donostia
Start date: 01/06/2017
End date: 31/10/2018
Interdisciplinary Platform/ Area: Territory
Compromiso Empresarial aims to promote the commitment of companies to the territory in the region of Gipuzkoa through their involvement in encouraging the economic and environmental sustainability of their surroundings. The project thus responds to a dual goal:
- to promote the territory’s socio-economic sustainability by establishing decision centres in Gipuzkoa (SDGs 8 and 9) and
- to promote environmental sustainability via initiatives relating to the circular economy (SDG 12)
Compromiso Empresarial has worked closely with Circular Hub, following an interactive research approach throughout all phases of the project, from defining the research challenge to disseminating the results.
The project involved the participation of 28 companies in 11 workshops, allowing them to ground the different theoretical concepts and draw recommendations and potential lines of action to the design of public policies.
The project has enabled:
- at the scientific level, to progress in the building of a theoretical framework aimed at promoting sustainable companies.
- at local level, to make proposals for improvement or change regarding socio- economic and environmental sustainability so that they can be taken up by both public institutions and intermediate agents (clusters, local development agencies, chambers of commerce and business associations).
- at the microeconomic level, to set up a business experimentation laboratory for the circular economy theme, where work was carried out with the company ORKLI on the viability of adapting a product to an environmentally sustainable based business model. This experimental laboratory model will allow companies to develop an action plan for the implementation of commitment strategies with the territory.
- the dissemination of results, through the report for the promotion of policies on establishing decision centres and the circular economy and opinion articles