Title: Memory, Ethics and Justice: Extorsion & Violence of ETA Against Business (CEABAK)
Name of the principal Investigator: María Izaskun Sáez de la Fuente Aldama
Non academic entity: Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Navigation of Bilbao
Contact: Juan Carlos Landeta
Start date: 01/05/2013
End date: 31/07/2017
- Foundation for Terrorism Victims
- Basque Government
- Provincial Council of Álava
- Bilbao Town Hall
This project focuses on peace and reconciliation for victims of terrorism in Basque Country as a first step in the complex and delicate task of making visible one of the darkest and most hidden aspects of terrorist activity. It also analyzes violence against entrepreneurs, managers and professionals. Since its coming to light, the study has had a very strong media coverage in Euskadi and Spain, especially in press but also radio and television, which has led to greater awareness with the victims so far unrecognized. Other social impact indicators include:
- The influence on the public to assist in generating synergies for the rehabilitation of victims and ethics, political and social legitimization of violence.
- It has managed to place the issue of recognition of the victims and their contribution to a critical and fair towards violence memory into the political and business agenda.
- 13ª Deusto-Banco Santander Research Award - Second prize