Proyecto: Evaluación de la accesibilidad de los hoteles de Bilbao Bizkaia
Investigador Principal: Asunción Fernández -Villarán Ara
Institución colaboradora: IN2destination research and consultancy in tourism y Asociación Gorabide
Fecha de inicio: 1 October 2019
Fecha de fin: 31 December 2020
Plataforma/ Área Interdisciplinar: Interdisciplinary Social Justice and Inclusion Research Platform
The project aims to draw up a complete diagnosis of the accessibility of tourist resources in Biscay, which will enable to make recommendations and proposals to improve the services for people with functional diversity.
BBAG2019 responds to Sustainable Development Goals 3 (“Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages”) and 10 (“Reduce inequalities within and among countries”). It also addresses the Basque Government’s RIS3 objectives and the Bilbao Biscay Sustainable Tourism strategy.
The project has allowed to:
● Create and implement a new evaluation model on the accessibility of adapted tourism in Biscay, focusing not only on mobility but also on the needs of people with sensory and cognitive difficulties at all stages of the journey.
● Evaluate 213 types of accommodation, including hotels, rural houses and agritourism establishments in Biscay.
● Improvement in the accessibility and communication of the Bilbao Bizkaia accessible website.
● Dissemination of results through:
- A presentation at the 3rd International Congress on Technology and Tourism for Diversity held in Malaga in October 2019 and at the International Tourism Fair (FITUR) in May 2021.
- Publication in a chapter of the book "Inclusive Tourism Futures"