As part of the sixth edition of the Deusto Research Social Impact Seal, Deusto has recognised the work of 8 new projects for their positive impact and social transformation.
The projects that have received the 'Deusto Research Social Impact 2022' seal have been promoted by different faculties and research units of the University of Deusto: Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Education and Sport and the Faculty of Law.
The projects in this edition seek to provide innovative solutions to current issues such as;
ü Mental health.
ü Healthy ageing.
ü Historical education.
ü Promotion of renewable energies.
ü The maintenance and empowerment of older people in the community.
ü Use of models that help to understand and predict energy demand in the residential sector.
ü Analysis of the Foundations in the Basque Country, entities of the Social Economy that develop economic and business activities.
ü Urban transformation centred on citizens as the driving force to move towards a new energy model for cities based on renewable generation.
Each of the projects have demonstrated their potential social impact in line with the Sustainable Development Goals, European policy priorities and/or the Basque government's RIS3 strategy. In turn, they have collaborated with non-academic agents such as municipalities, companies and non-profit organisations, providing answers that go beyond scientific progress in the area of knowledge and giving evidence of adoption, use and exploitation of the results by relevant external agents and of dissemination and valuation of the results in the target group.
ATELIER- Amsterdam Bilbao citizen driven smart cities.
- - Research Staff: Cristina Martín Andonegui, Cruz Enrique Borges, Ainhoa Alonso Vicario, Laura Balsega Pascual, Olga Benítez Rodríguez, Xabier Cantero López, Tony Castillo Calzadilla, Pablo Fernández Muga, Virginia Gómez Sierra, Oihane Kamara Esteban, Naia Merino Gómez, Deitze Otaduy Del Paso, Itziar Salaberria Larrauri, Garbiñe Zabala Armendariz, Kristina Zabala Berriozabal.
- - Faculty of Engineering. The research project is linked to the Interdisciplinary Research Platform on Strengthening Participation.
- - Research Staff: Aitor Coca Núñez, Sergio José Sanabria Martín, Borja Gutiérrez Santamaría, Arkaitz Castañeda, Xabier Río, Aitor Martínez de Aguirre, Garazi Angulo, Egoitz Mojas.
- - Faculty of Education and Sport. The research project is linked to the Interdisciplinary Platform for Research on Ageing and Well-being.
- - The research project is based on a diagnosis and assessment of the individual physical capacities of each person and proposes an individualised, personalised and supervised concurrent physical exercise intervention to improve their quality of life and well-being, thanks to the improvements that physical exercise produces in health.
- - Research Staff: Angela Bermúdez Vélez, Izaskun Sáez de la Fuente Aldama, Galo Bilbao Alberdi, Cristina Pena Mardaras, Irene Gantxegi Madina.
- - Faculty of Social and Human Sciences. The research project is linked to the interdisciplinary Social Justice and Inclusion Research Platform.
- - The aim of this research is to identify the contributions that history education can make to the denormalisation and delegitimisation of violence and, therefore, to the construction of peace.
- - Research Staff: Marta Enciso Santocildes, Dr. Ramon Bernal, Alfonso Etxanobe
- - Faculty of Law. The research project is linked to the interdisciplinary Social Justice and Inclusion Research Platform.
- - The aim is to analyse how the pandemic has affected the Foundations in the Basque Country and their future prospects in the next post -pandemic context in order to fulfill their foundational aims and maintain their cohesive and supportive role
HUDE- FRAIL - Instruments for the detection and assessment of frailty in the elderly in the Basque Autonomous Community. Interdisciplinary Platform for Research into Ageing and Well-being.
- - Research Staff: Beloki Marañón, Usue; Aristegui Fradua, Iratxe; Etxeberria Erauskin, Bakarne; Ferran Zubillaga, Ane; Gonzalez Goya, Edurne; Guinot Viciano, Mª Cinta; Mosteiro Pascual, Amaia; Rodríguez Berrio, Arantxa; Sobremonte De Mendicuti, Emma.
- - Faculty of Social and Human Sciences. The research project is linked to the Interdisciplinary Platform for Research on Ageing and Well-being.
- -The research project aims to contribute to diagnosing and assessing situations of fragility in elderly, applying identified interventions as well as evaluating the evolution of the treatments in the users. The ultimate goal is to improve policies for the maintenance and strengthening of older people in the community and, thus, promoting equity and social justice.
ONGIZATE- Design and evaluation of the effectiveness of a psychological intervention to nurture personal development and wellbeing
- - Research Staff: Susana Gorbeña Echevarria, Ioseba Iraurgi Castillo, Ignacio Gómez Marroquín, Sare Sarrionaindia Vadillo, Patricia Penas Morán, Leila Govillard Garmendia, Alejandro Amillano Solano, Onintze Lopez de Letona Ibañez, Diana Cabezas.
RENSKILL - Identification of the Skills and Competences Needed for the Professionals in the Renewable Energy Sector of the Future
- - Research Staff: Aitor Goti Elordi, Irene Arcelay Fernández-Meras, Patricia del Val del Val, Aitor Oyarbide Zubillaga, Tugce Akyazi Cabarcos
- - Faculty of Engineering. The research project is linked to the area of energy.
- - The project contributes to Identification of the Skills and Competences Needed for the Professionals in the Renewable Energy Sector of the Future contributes to social impact by aligning policies of administrations, curricula of training agents and training plans of companies in favour of the promotion of renewable energies.
- - Research Staff: Cruz Borges, Diego Casado, Carlos Quesada, Armando Aguayo, Aritz Bilbao, Idoia Mínguez, Peru Sasia, Ruth Carbajo, Garbiñe Henry, Roberta Vicente
- - Faculty of Engineering. The research project is linked to the B-Creative research platform.
- - This research project proposes a causal modelling to quantitatively analyse human decision-making in energy consumption and their reactions to interventions.
Obtaining the social impact seal gives you access to the annual call for the UD-Santander Award "Research with scientific and social impact".
This award aims to recognise and reward the research of the teams based on their impact with an economic endowment that finances research actions. For more information, please consult the rules here.
- Deadline for submission of nominations: 15 September 2022
- Award resolution: December 2022