BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE RESEARCH AIMS
The team’s research has led to their expertise in Digital Signal Processing. At present, these techniques are being applied in different fields.
Digital audio signal processing is being used as a solution to voice pathologies, especially among patients who have undergone laryngectomies. Development of image processing, both to back up diagnoses in biomedicine as well as in biometrics.
The scope of the team’s scientific research centres on Biomedical Engineering as well as developing projects focused on solving social problems, with special emphasis on the disadvantaged.
- Analysis and processing of biomedical, biological, environmental and food signals
- Telemedicine, telemonitoring and telecare for health and quality of life
- Technological solutions for the promotion of physical activity, sports and nutrition
- Quantum Machine Learning in the socio-sanitary and environmental environment
- Serious Games as therapy and social insertion
Further information at: www.evida.deusto.es
* Team recognised by the Basque Government
Mª Begoña García Zapirain
José Miguel Ormaetxe
José Alberto Monasterio