Brief description of the research aims
Research on values, focusing on the following transversal variables;
1. The family: Study of family roles, models, children’s socialisation processes.
2. Work: Valuation of paid work, most highly valued business models, perception of competitiveness-individual responsibility –state responsibility.
3. Politics: Political values (equality, freedom, solidarity, social organisation), confidence in institutions, social capital, political participation. The environment.
4. Religion: Religiousness, religious practices, opinion of the Church as an institution, secularisation
5. Postmaterialism: New social values (material/postmaterial) and how they possibly overlap with traditional ideologies (left/right)
6. Identities: Group identity, localism as opposed to globalisation, nationalities
7. Tolerance: Social cohesion, immigration, social solidarity, civil and moral permissiveness. Individualisation.
8. Typologies: Draw up a typology of Spanish citizens from their cultural and value patterns.
- Values, Equality, Society and Democracy
- Values, Equality, Welfare and Social Policy
* Team recognised by the Basque Government
Irene Pérez Tirado
Rafael Leonisio Calvo