Brief description of the research aims
Inquiry and analysis of the theoretical and conceptual bases, methodological strategies and intervention techniques of the different psychotherapeutic models used to address persons’ psychological problems. The research focuses on establishing the efficiency/effectiveness levels of psychological intervention and its limitations.
The aim is to identify the components that determine successful therapy and the best way to combine these components to improve psychotherapeutic interventions according to specific disorders or clients who meet the profile set for a certain therapeutic model. The team also studies the individual or environmental mechanisms that explain the development and success of psychological interventions and/or persons’ growth, autonomy and emotional well being.
These aims are achieved through study of three focus areas:
- Integrated psychological assessment models in clinical and health care contexts
- Assessment of the efficiency/effectiveness of psychotherapeutic interventions.
- Research on persons’ emotional-cognitive schemes and their implication in health outcomes.
Líneas de investigación
- Evaluation of results in health/disease processes
- Development of instruments and assessment methodologies in psychology
Ioseba Iraurgi Castillo
Ana Estévez Gutiérrez
Begoña Matellanes Febrero
Susana Gorbeña Etxebarria
Pablo Gómez de Maintenant
Iratxe Urbiola Pérez