Brief description of the research aims
Study of the psychosocial variables related to older people keeping an active healthy lifestyle in the personal and social aspects; benefits and impacts on health, well being and development of positive patterns to face and adapt to changes.
The team’s work centres on the following subjects:
- Meaningful activities and their role in enhancing social participation of older persons.
- Adherence to physical activity in both community-dwelling older persons and those in day care centers.
- Factors influencing job content and the desire to keep active and engaged in older workers.
- Caregivers’ perceived mental and physical health and the protective role of leisure time activities in coping with stress.
- Health and quality of life in the elderly.
Pedro Fernández de Larrinoa
Onintze López de Letona