The 2nd Annual Conference of the Horizon 2020 GEARING ROLES project will be held online between 9 and 11 November, under the theme of Gender and Leadership in Higher Education and Research.
The GEARING Roles project is designing, implementing and monitoring six Gender Equality Plans at European Higher Education and Research institutions – organisations where gender equality in leadership and career paths is increasing, but still has not been achieved. The conference will build on lessons learned so far in the project and explore new directions in current research on inclusion, leadership and challenges.
The event will be hosted by Sabanci University, key project partner, and is structured around the following sessions:
- Conference opening and keynote speech by Mangala Subramaniam (Professor and Butler Chair and Director, Purdue University)
- STUDENT EVENT: Where are Women and LGBTI+ on Wikipedia? Digital Activism Marathon.
- Gender Equality, Decision Making and Participation in Civil Society and Urban Governance.
- Gender Equality Action Plans: Equality and Inclusion in Universities and Research Organisations.
- Gender and Leadership in Higher Education and Research: Institutional Challenges and Resistances.
- Gender and Leadership in Higher Education and Research II: Actions, Strategies, Solidarities.