To be eligible, applicants must, at the time of the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, fulfil the eligibility criteria of the COFUND programme as well as the requirements to be admitted to a UDEUSTO PhD programme according to current Spanish legislation and the University norms. The eligibility criteria of the DIRS-COFUND programme are the following:
- Early Stage Researchers rule: Applicants shall be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Please, note that Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
- Mobility rule: At the time of the relevant deadline for submission of proposals, researchers shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account
- An official Master’s degree in a field relevant to the PhD programme
- An excellent academic record (grades of B or higher)
- Advanced command of English (minimum C1 or equivalent)
- Adequate command of Spanish when required for the feasibility of the research project proposed by the applicants.
There are no nationality restrictions, but the award of the position will be conditional on a visa and work permit being secured from the corresponding Spanish Authority.
We are fully committed to eliminating discrimination and actively promoting equality of opportunity for our staff and students in line with our University Strategy.