The Solidarity and Cooperation Plan for Social Justice envisages solidarity as a commitment to building a society in which all persons’ dignity and right to fully participate in social, political and economic life are guaranteed. This commitment can only be fulfilled by cooperating with those who pursue the same goal.
- Promote social justice and equality.
- Build a culture of peace and reconciliation.
- Foster inclusive societies based on diversity.
- Boost democratic participation
- Conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Aristos Campus Mundus Experiences: in situ seminars.
- Deusto Social Barometer.
- Awareness-raising actions and campaigns.
- Volunteering experiences in different organisations in Biscay and Guipuzcoa.
- International volunteering in Peru, Chile, Brazil, Kenya, Mexico and Tanzania.
- UD grants for more than one thousand students.
- Deusto Campus Solidarity: contributes by trying to promote a sensitive, active and formed solidarity in the university community. This is done through training, commitment, solidarity actions, field seminars and international work camps.
- Pedro Arrupe Human Rights Institute: is an academic center that works in favor of a culture of human rights through teaching, research, awareness and social intervention.
- Center for Applied Ethics: its mission is to analyze and promote practices that promote social justice, peaceful coexistence, the dignity of people, and their right to participate fully in social, political and economic life, to advance the integral development of people and societies from social commitment, academic excellence, team spirit and participation.
- Platform for Social Justice and Inclusion: Deusto participates in a large number of research projects funded by the European Union (FP7 and H2020), is part of a large number of international networks and has signed several agreements cooperation with universities and research centers around the world. This platform, coordinated by the Office of the Vice-Rector for Research, brings together staff working on issues of social justice and inclusion in education, ethics, employment and the social economy, human rights, humanitarian action and integration.
- Loiola Legal Clinic: born at the Faculty of Law from the need to promote and contribute to make effective the commitment of the University to social justice, is an instrument for the approach to social justice by the students . We work with social entities (CEAR-Euskadi, Cáritas, ALBOAN, Ellacuria, among others) to develop, raise awareness, promote, build, create and promote an inclusive culture based on social justice and equity..
- "Hospitality" campaign: this campaign of the Society of Jesus promotes a culture of solidarity and inclusion with migrants and refugees, through the reception, cooperation, advocacy, awareness and education, generating a space of understanding , support, support and welcome..
- Alboan: the NGO promoted by the Society of Jesus in the Basque Country works in the construction of a global citizenship that denounces the injustices that provoke inequality, that builds a culture that promotes the common good and that transforms the generating structures of poverty to local and global level.
- Secretariat for Social Justice and the Ecology of the Jesuits: it is an office within the government structure of the Society of Jesus, created to support and encourage the Jesuits and collaborators in their work for justice, peace, reconciliation, and care for the environment through international and intersectoral networks..
- "Scholars at Risk" (SAR): is an international advocacy network focused on the promotion and defense of university personnel from around the world who suffer threats to their lives, safety, freedom and / or work. In addition to urgent actions and denunciation, it provides punctual or permanent support to academics and academics at risk through their incorporation in seminars, research or teaching positions in institutions of the network. It also provides counseling and referral services to those who are struggling to restart their lives and careers in their new location.
- Permanent collaboration with a hundred organizations and social agents of Biscay and Guipuzcoa.