A highly demanded profile by companies
This degree is ideal for you if you like the world of business management, if you are fluent in languages, good at interacting with other people, and have good interpersonal communication skills.
A new degree programme on our university scene, although it has been taught for many years in other countries as Office Management.
In 2009, the University of Deusto decided to promote this BA degree in response to the increasing demand for professionals with language skills, use of ICT tools for document production and management, organisational and communication capacity, and managerial skills from companies and institutions.
Companies have experienced many internal changes in the way they are structured and organised. They are also influenced by factors such as globalisation, transnationalism and the widespread use of ICT.
This degree mainly seeks to train you to meet all these business needs arising in the market and respond to:
- the increase in international relations: This leads to the need for professionals with a good knowledge of languages and cultures.
- an increased flow of documentation: This requires experts to manage it.
- shared spaces in companies and institutions: This generates the need for professionals with teamwork skills and a capacity for interpersonal relationships.
- Information and Communication Technologies This emphasises the need for professionals able to respond to the new challenges that replace traditional tasks.
Practical and proactive methodology
Taught sessions will be held in the morning .The student’s active role in the classroom and outside is supported by a tutor's assistance at all times. This is achieved through a combination of diverse activities:
- Classroom presentations delivered by teachers, practising professionals from the industry and students themselves
- Participation in seminars
- Visits to companies.
- Critical analysis.
- Group reflection and discussion.
- Individual and group projects and reports
- Analysis and discussion of case studies.