Almost half a century boosting Basque studies
Since Gotzon Garate and Patxi Altuna designed and implemented the Licenciatura in Basque Philology in 1976, the studies have undergone changes and improvements resulting in this Bachelor’s degree in Basque Language and Culture. In this degree you will learn the grammatical aspects of the language, Basque literature and language, the social and language situation, the teaching context, translation and production of texts or the standardisation of Basque language.
At the end of your degree, you will be an expert in Basque language and culture and be able to express yourself fluently in written and spoken Spanish and English. You will also learn a third foreign language to choose from French, German, Chinese or Arabic.
The course consists of taught sessions which are held in the morning. You will have an active role in and out of the classroom and you will have a tutor’s support at all times. This is achieved through a combination of diverse activities:
- Classroom presentations delivered by lecturers, practising professionals from the world of culture and students themselves.
- Participation in seminars
- Critical analysis
- Group reflection and discussion
- Individual and group projects and reports
- Analysis and discussion of cases studies.