9th University Conference on Innovation and Quality - 27th November 2019
This year the conference will focus on university experiences and practices with which we respond to the demands, interests and motivations of our students, their specificities and expectations, without having to leave aside the learning objectives.
Deadline for submission of the completed form: 23 October 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is an innovative teaching practice?
It is an educational action, intervention or activity that facilitates a better development of students’ teaching/learning process; that is, they are actions aimed at facilitating the development of generic and/or specific competences included in the various subjects or modules in the different university undergraduate degree programmes.
Good teaching practices serve as an inspiration and benchmark experience for other lecturers who wish to improve their teaching to a certain extent.
Innovation, which is closely linked to the identification of a good practice as good, must always involve a change: how to assess, how to involve students, how a competence is developed, the ways in which a particular technology can be used in an innovative way, etc.
Teaching Innovation Conferences
Below are some examples of some good practices that have been implemented in various programmes at the University of Deusto and that are presented at the Teaching Innovation Conference each year.
Selection is based on their contribution to better or greater learning, the effectiveness of their implementation, and students’ satisfaction, the first beneficiaries of these good teaching practices.
In the last few years, these meetings have had an inter-university character and have been part of the joint initiatives held between the three universities taking part in the joint project of the International Campus of Excellence ("Aristos Campus Mundus 2015”): the Universities of Deusto, Comillas and Ramon Llull.
- 8th University Conference on Innovation and Quality: "Los espacios (virtuales y físicos) al servicio del aprendizaje" 2018.
- 7th University Conference on Innovation and Quality: “Good Academic and Management Practices for Innovation of the Learning Process in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)”. 2016.
- 3rd Inter-University Conference on Teaching Innovation "La formación universitaria en la era digital”. 2015
- 6th University Conference on Innovation and Quality: "Buenas Prácticas Académicas y de Gestión para la Innovación del Proceso de Aprendizaje en el Espacio Europeo de Educación Superior (EEES)".2014.
- 2nd Inter-University Conference on Teaching Innovation. "El reto de la formación integral en la universidad del siglo XX. Crecer en valores”.2013 5th Conference on Teaching Innovation for UD Teaching Staff. 2012
- Inter-University Conference on Teaching Innovation 2011
- 4th University Conferences on Innovation and Quality: 2008
- 3rd University Conference on Innovation and Quality. 2007
- 2nd University Conference on Innovation and Quality: 2006
- 1st University Conference on Innovation and Quality. 2005