The Deusto Education Model, the basis for success during Covid
It was designed to be a model that would promote and ensure quality and innovation in teaching, agility and flexibility in responding to the demands of society and organisations, and the transmission of values and principles that are always oriented towards equality and social justice.
And the model has also worked in the most critical times. These have been the keys:
- You, student, main actor and focus of the process.
- A long journey in pursuit of teaching excellence, which was recognised in the Global Teaching
Excellence Awards 2018, which placed Deusto among the Top 6 worldwide.
- IT technology already developed for online teaching and to support and complement classroom teaching.
- Anticipation and firm decisions: a committee has been working on possible scenarios since late February. For this reason, action was quickly taken and 3 days after classroom teaching was interrupted, 100% of the teaching staff were teaching their subjects remotely.
- Changes were carefully analysed by an interdisciplinary team that studied each step from educational, technological, organisational, structural and economic perspectives.
- Unity: all the university' s faculties and units working together in the same direction.
The two pillars of our educational model
Our education model aims to promote innovation in learning and teaching models, as it has been developed throughout Europe.
It is based on two pillars:
- the development of students’ deep learning based on the development of values and skills to help them become professionals and active and responsible citizens.
- the belief that learning and teaching are based on the capacity of the University and its academic staff to learn and transform themselves by innovating their teaching and assessment methods, and all the processes that support them.
Do you want to find out more about Deusto Education Model?
- The University of Deusto Education Model
- The University of Deusto Learning Model
- UD Educational Framework that combines both models
- Deusto Dual Education Model and the Dual Facilitation School