1. Ownership of the website
In compliance with the provisions of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on the Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce, we inform you that the website https://www.deusto.es/ (hereinafter “the Website”) to which you are accessing is owned and managed by the UNIVERSITY OF DEUSTO (hereinafter “UD”).
The website owner’s identification details are as follows:
Owner: University of Deusto
Registry information: Registered on the Register of Religious Entities of the Ministry of Justice with number 004179.
Registered in the Register of Universities, Centres and Degrees of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of the Government of Spain with number 030.
ID tax no.: R4868004E
Registered office: Avenida de las Universidades, 24 - 48007 Bilbao
Tel: 94 413 93 83 – Communication and Marketing Department
Domain name: www.deusto.es
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions and for any communication that may be required between the UD and users, they should be addressed to the UD by email to: email@example.com
The user expressly accepts the use of the email address or contact details specified on the Website as a valid procedure for the submission of all communications related to the use of the Website.
3. Terms and conditions of use of the website
These Terms and Conditions regulate the use of the Website you are accessing through the address: https://www.deusto.es, and are subject to changes and updates so that the version published on the website may vary each time users access the Website.
The UD reserves the right to modify or update the information contained on this Website as well as its configuration, presentation and terms of access, without previous notice.
Likewise, the UD reserves the right to suspend, discontinue or cease operating the Website at any time. Therefore, since this Website may be modified, users must carefully read this full document every time they access the Website.
In any case, children under fourteen years of age who access this Website should not be registered as users since, in this case, the consent of their parents or legal guardians is required for the processing of their personal data
By using this Website, you acquire the status of User.
These terms are aimed at the “users” of this website; users being defined as both people accessing it in search of the information contained on the website and those who have registered to access the services offered in it.
Using or accessing this website necessarily implies the full and unconditional acceptance of all the terms and conditions in force each time users access it.
Likewise, the use of certain services available to the users of this website may be subject to special conditions, warnings or instructions that should also be read and unconditionally accepted.
In the event that users do not agree with the terms and conditions set forth herein, they must refrain from using this Website.
5. Terms of website access and use
5.1 Free access
The use of this website is free of charge.
However, contracting some of the services offered on this website may be, now or in the future, subject to payment, in which case it will be clearly stated.
5.2 User registration
In general, access and use of this website does not require users to be previously registered. However, access to some services requires user registration.
Users agree to use their login data (email address and password) according to the following restrictions:
- The password chosen by users must not damage the rights of honour and image of third parties, nor in any way infringe the industrial and intellectual property rights of third parties.
- The login data are for the exclusive use of the user owning them and their custody, confidentiality and correct use are their exclusive responsibility.
The UD shall not be liable for any damages that may be incurred by users or third parties as a result of someone else using their password, either with or without their knowledge.
The UD agrees not to disclose the password used by the user or any other person, except that, in strict compliance with the relevant legal requirements or, where appropriate, at the request of the public authorities, it may be required.
5.3 Restrictions of access and use
By using this website, users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in it and any applicable laws.
5.4. Obligations of Users
Users must agree to comply with these General Terms and, where appropriate, to comply with the specific conditions that may apply, and with the special warnings or instructions of use contained therein or on the Website. Likewise, they must act always in accordance with the law, custom and in good face, with due diligence according to the service provided, and refraining from using the Website in any way that may impede, damage or impair the normal operation thereof, the ownership of rights of UD, its suppliers, other Users and, in general, of any third party.
Specifically, and without implying any restrictions on the obligations of users in general, and in accordance with the above, by using this Website, users agree:
- To provide true information when registering and keep it updated so that it responds to their real situation at all times. Users shall, in any case, be solely responsible for any false or inaccurate statements made and for any damages that might be caused by the information provided.
- Not to register with information from another person or impersonate a third party. To this end, the UD may carry out appropriate verifications so that in the event that any of the above actions were verified, it shall proceed to immediately terminate its relationship with the User. The UD will reserve the right to take appropriate legal action that may be deemed appropriate or to report them, where appropriate, to the relevant authorities on the matter.
- Not to provide, store or disseminate on or from the Website, any information or material that is defamatory, libellous, threatening, racist, that incites to violence, to discrimination based on race, sex, ideology, religion or in any way is offensive to the public morals and order, to fundamental rights, public freedoms, honour, privacy or the image of third parties; not to publish or disseminate any content whether text, image or any files that violate intellectual property laws and the current regulations.
- Not to enter, store or disseminate through the Website any computer programme, data, virus, code, hardware or telecommunications equipment or any other electronic or physical device that may cause damage to the website, to any of the Services or equipment, to the systems or networks of UD, of any user, of UD's suppliers or in general of any third party, or that may otherwise cause any type of alteration or hinder the normal operation thereof.
- To properly safeguard the “Username” and “Password” as identifiers and keys for access to Services, agreeing not to transfer its use or allow access to them by third parties, taking responsibility for any damages arising from misuse thereof.
- No to use the contents and in particular the information obtained through the Website to send publicity information, messages for direct market purposes or any other commercial purposes, or to collect or store personal data of third parties.
- Not to use false identities or impersonate the identity of other in the use of the Website or any of the Website services, including the use of passwords or access codes of third parties or otherwise-
- No to destroy, alter, use, render inoperative or damage the data, information, programmes or electronic documents of UD, its suppliers or third parties.
- Not to enter, store or disseminate on the Website any content that infringes intellectual or industrial property rights or business secrets of third parties or, in general, any content of which users are not entitled to, according to law, to transmit to third parties.
- Not to sell items or publish advertisements that are illegal under current legislation, such as counterfeiting, drugs, explosives, weapons, stolen property and/or any other item whose sale or distribution without prior permission is prohibited.
- Not to save or collect information or personal data from third parties without their consent, including email and/or telephone numbers.
6.1. Liability of the owner
The UD shall only be liable for any damages that the User may suffer as a result of the use of the Website when such damage is attributable to wilful misconduct thereof.
The UD shall not be liable for any security errors that may occur or for any damage caused to the user’s computer system (hardware and software), or to the files or documents stored therein as a result of the presence of virus on the computer used by the user to connect to the Website services and contents, or a malfunction of the browser or use of outdated versions.
Neither shall the UD be liable for any differences in the information, documentation and/or other contents on the Website that may exist between the online and the printed version.
In general, the UD does not control the use made by users of the Website. Specifically, under no circumstances does the UD guarantee that users use the website in accordance with the law, these General Terms, the generally accepted customs and public order; nor does it guarantee that it is done in a diligent and sensible manner, with the UD reserving the right to terminate and cancel the user's registration without prior consent.
6.2. Liability of users
Users will be liable for damages of any kind that the UD may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of any breach of the obligations arising from the general or specific conditions regarding the use of the website or any of the related services.
Users shall hold the UD harmless against any liability, claims or sanctions that could be brought by a third party or any public bodies, derived from the infringement of third party rights by said users through the use of the website or the services linked to it in a manner contrary to the provisions of the general and specific conditions that may apply.
The UD does not guarantee the availability and continuity of the Website or any other Websites with which a link has been or could be established.
The Website may make technical link devices, directories and search tools available to users so that they can access web pages and/or sites owned and/or managed by third parties. However, in no case shall the UD be liable, approve, or endorse products, services, content, information and any kind of materials contained on such Websites or amendments thereof.
The UD does not guarantee or assume any liability for damages of any kind that may be due to:
- The operation, availability, accessibility or continuity of linked sites.
- The provision or transmission of the information, content and services on linked sites.
- The quality, legality, reliability and usefulness of the information, content and services on linked sites.
- The services provided by third parties through the website.
8. Intellectual and industrial property
This Website is governed by Spanish legislation and is protected by the national and international legislation on intellectual and industrial property.
All contents displayed on the Website and, in particular, designs, texts, audio, graphics, logos, databases, trade names, trademarks or any other signs of industrial and commercial use are subject to the intellectual and industrial property rights of UD or third party owners that have duly authorised their inclusion on the website. The sole mention does not imply endorsement, sponsorship, recommendation, right or liability of the Website thereon.
The UD authorises users to use, view and print the contents and/or elements on the Website under the creative commons licences related to the website and in force at any time, exclusively for private and non-profit use, being the consent of the holder of the rights concerned required for any use other than those expressly permitted.
Under no circumstances shall any licence be granted or a waiver, transfer or total or partial cession of such rights be made or shall any right or expectation of rights be conferred to alter, exploit, reproduce, distribute or publicly communicate on those contents without express prior authorisation of UD or the corresponding owners.
Any violation of these rights may lead to the corresponding extrajudicial or judicial, civil or criminal procedures.
Cookies are small text files that are generated through the instructions that web servers send to browsers and are stored in a specific directory on the user's computer.
Cookies by themselves cannot identify users personally although they may contain the user’s IP address.
Cookies allow to store the trace left by the user’s IP address and they are only associated with an anonymous user and their PC. However, they do not provide information to obtain personal information about the user.
All processing operations will be governed according to the rules and all rights related to data protection must be respected in accordance with the current legislation.
However, you are informed of the possibility of disabling such use in your computer, following the instructions of your Internet browser, although the UD shall bear no responsibility for any malfunction of the website as a result of disabling cookies.
10. Partial nullity
The declaration of any of these general conditions as null, invalid or ineffective shall not affect the validity or effectiveness of the rest, which shall remain binding between the parties.
If any of the parties refuses to require compliance with any of the general terms set forth herein at any given time, it shall not imply a general waiver to comply with another condition or conditions, nor shall it create an acquired right for the other party.
While, in principle, the lifespan of this website is indefinite, the UD reserves the right to suspend or terminate the provision of some or all of its services, although prior notice of this decision to users thereof is not required.
All references to user or users referred to in this document should be understood to apply both to men and women without distinction.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction
For the resolution of any disputes that may arise in the interpretation or execution of this agreement, the parties hereby expressly waive the jurisdiction that could apply, agreeing that the jurisdiction and competence of the Courts of Bilbao will settle any such matters.