Data protection policy
Data controller - Who will process my personal information?
UNIVERSITY OF DEUSTO
Deusto Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avenida de las Universidades, 24-Bilbao (CP-48007)
Data Protection Officer:
Internal Audit and Control Manager
Tel: 94 413 94 30
Purpose - Why do we process your personal data?
The University of Deusto processes the data provided to:
- Manage Innovation and Entrepreneurship Programmes in their different proposals and formats.
- Forward information on Deusto Innovation and Entrepreneurship activities and services.
- Prepare preferential profiles and follow-up on activities completed.
Legal basis - What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
- The lawful basis for processing your personal data is to carry out the contractual relationship established between the parties.
- The UD’s legitimate interest is the legal basis to forward information on its activities and services.
- The consent is the legal basis to prepare preferential profiles and follow-up on activities completed.
- If you do not provide the requested information, your application will not be processed.
Recipients - Who will be the recipients of your personal data?
- No transfers of personal data will be made to third parties in this processing unless otherwise provided by law, or consent is given for such transfer.
- Nor does it involve the international transfer of said data.
Data storage period - How long is my information kept?
- Your personal data will be stored during the term of the enrolment and will be kept for five (5) subsequent years in compliance with the tax regulations.
- The personal data linked to the dissemination of information will be maintained unless deletion is requested by the interested party.
- After this period, your personal data will be anonymised and stored for statistical and historical purposes only.
Rights - What are your rights when you provide your personal data to us?
- Any person will have the right to obtain from the University of Deusto confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed.
- Those concerned have the right to request access to their personal data and rectification of inaccurate data or, where that is the case, request erasure of personal data when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected.
- In some circumstances, those concerned may request restriction of processing of personal data, in which case these will only be stored for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- In certain circumstances or for reasons related to a specific situation, those concerned may object to the processing of their personal data. The University of Deusto will no longer process personal data, unless the centre responsible demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Those concerned may request data portability to receive personal data concerning him or her which have been provided to the University of Deusto in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format, to be downloaded or transmitted directly from the University of Deusto to another entity.
- Those concerned may exercise their rights in writing by email to: email@example.com that will be available at the website.
- In addition, in the event of disagreement with the University of Deusto regarding the exercise of your rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at the University by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All data will be treated confidentially and will be subject to appropriate technical and organisational safety measures to prevent alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or access.