This privacy notice aims to give you information on how the University of Deusto collects, processes and protects your personal data through your interactions with us. Its provisions are aimed at:
- Applicants for information related to any products and services available at the University of Deusto.
- The data subjects of the personal data collected through the various printed forms or available on the University of Deusto website.
- The data subjects of the agreements signed with the University of Deusto.
It also regulates the processing of the personal data provided in the past through interactions with the University of Deusto with reference to this Policy, inasmuch as that it does not contradict what is expressly accepted at the time of providing the data, which will be respected in any case.
Controller: University of Deusto
Tax ID No.: R4868004E
Postal address: Avenida de las Universidades, 24 - 48007 Bilbao
Tel: 94 413 94 30
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purposes for which we will process your personal data
The University of Deusto processes the collected personal data to provide academic and extracurricular services and send communications regarding our activities and services by physical and electronic means, as well as to make profiles related to the preferences of uses or stakeholders, without involving automated decision-making that may produce legal effects concerning them.
With regard to each of the services offered, users will find a specific privacy notice in this privacy site concerning the processing of personal data that are requested to provide the service concerned.
Origin of the data
The collected personal data come directly from the information provided by the stakeholders or from the University's information systems.
The University of Deusto obtains data from:
- The information supplied to us through the various online and printed forms that the University makes available to you to apply for information.
- Registered service users across the University's websites.
- The information provided to us through the various agreements that may be signed with the University.
In general, the kinds of personal data we process are as follows:
- Identity Data
- Contact data
- Academic information
- Professional Data
- Financial and Transaction Data
- Employment data.
Accuracy and truthfulness of the personal data you provide to us
Users and stakeholders of the activities and services offered by the University of Deusto will ensure and be responsible for, in any case, the accuracy, validity and truthfulness of the personal data they provide and undertake to keep them properly updated.
The personal data provided by users and stakeholders will be stored by the University during the term that may be necessary to meet the purposes for which, in each case, they have been collected to maintain the relationship of the data subject with the University, without prejudice to the right of each data subject to object to such processing (including the withdrawal of consent to the processing that may require so).
In such a case, your personal data will be blocked and during this time access to them will be limited to the following purposes:
- Deal with any responsibilities resulting from the processing of your personal data.
- Take account of any requirement from the public administrations, judges, courts and prosecution service.
Once the blocking period has ended, your personal data will be permanently deleted.
If you have provided your personal data through any of the agreements you can sign with the University, the blocking period will be ten (10) years, starting from the end of the contractual relationship or, as the case may be, from the date in which the right to object to the processing or to delete your personal data comes into force.
If you have provided your personal data to us through the various forms available on the website of the University of Deusto, the data storage period, in general, will be three (3) years, without prejudice to the specific deadline that may be established for specific processing of personal data.
In any case, they will be stored during the prescribed compliance periods by the University of Deusto.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is set out in Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation relating to general data or, as the case may be, Article 9 of such Regulation relating to the processing of special categories of personal data, informing data subjects of the legal basis that applies in such processing and that will be as follows:
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of implementing a legal agreement or relationship in which the data subject takes part.
- Processing to comply with a legal obligation.
- Processing for reasons of legitimate interest of the University of Deusto.
- Processing for reasons of express consent by the data subject.
During the processing of personal data, the University of Deusto will not transfer any personal data except to comply with a legal obligation or with the express consent of the data subject concerned if required, informing him or her of the consequences that may arise from non-compliance and, specifically, from the impossibility of providing the service concerned.
The provision of the different services available at the University of Deusto may require the use of communications to computer service providers or other service providers acting as data processors at the University, who will be subject to terms of confidentiality and security in the processing of personal data, and may be located outside the European Union under an agreement between EEUU-European Union called “Privacy Shield”, whose information is available at: https://www.privacyshield.gov
You have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw consent given.
You can read the “Protection of Rights” section on this privacy site to obtain further information about your rights and how to exercise them.
Specific privacy policies
- Data protection policy relating to applicants for information
- Data protection policy for student applicants
- Data protection policy relating to student enrolment (it includes academic and extracurricular activities and commercial information that may be generated by the student).
- Data protection policy relating to the Library
- Data protection policy relating to Grants
- Data protection policy relating to Deusto Hall of Residence
- Data protection policy relating to research
- Data protection policy of DeustoPsych:
- Data protection policy relating to conferences, seminars and events
- Data protection policy relating to users and surveys
- Data protection policy relating to people recruitment
- Data protection policy relating to people management
- Data protection policy relating to institutional contacts