1. An innovative system to learn how to deal with people, providing you with the competences and skills needed to successfully help and support the most vulnerable social groups.
2. An academic staff that combines teaching and research with their professional practice and will closely supervise your learning and guide you to the professional field best suited to your interests and motivations.
3. A social and human background based on values which are essential to fostering social justice, human rights and equality in your work.
4. Internships (12 ECTS) are obligatory in this degree programme. The UD has agreements with over 200 firms and institutions where students can gain practical first hand experience.
5. Choose subjects that will enable you to learn more about social intervention in two fields with the highest demand:
I. Specialist social intervention with children and adolescents, persons with disabilities, the mentally ill and the elderly.
II. Social inclusion and human development, which consists of working with groups and communities suffering from social exclusion for different reasons. You will study human rights, diversity, interculturality and local development to gain a better knowledge of these concepts.