What is the Undergraduate Final Year Project?
This work consists of preparing a project that demonstrates the competences related to the degree, presenting and defending it in public.
In the double Bachelor’s degree, students are required to complete two Undergraduate Final Year Projects:
TFG educacion y trabajo Social
|4th year ||Undergraduate Final Year Project: Social Work - 6 ECTS credits |
|5th year ||Undergraduate Final Year Project: Social Education - 12 ECTS credits |
These projects are compulsory and are defended before an Examining Board (Social Work in the second semester of the 4th year of study and Social Education during the 5th year of study). The Undergraduate Final Year Project is an ideal means of assessing students' acquisition of the competences envisaged in the degree programme.
This affords students the opportunity to demonstrate...
- That they have acquired the knowledge and competences envisaged for the Bachelor's degree in Social Education and Social Work.
- That they have the ability to raise questions about key topics in Social Education and Social Work.
- That they have learned a systematic way to find possible responses to these questions.
The Undergraduate Final Year Project is supervised by a tutor who supports and guides the student's learning process.
Undergraduate Final Year Project: Social Work
Students are required to write out an intervention report or do a project or research paper and defend it before an Examining Board.
Undergraduate Final Degree Projects focus on the following subjects:
- Principles, methodology and social work models
- Ethics, values and living conditions and welfare
- Social policy and protection mechanisms
- Population, territory and social processes
Undergraduate Final Year Project: Social Education
The Undergraduate Final Year Project for Social Education consists of theoretical, empirical and applied knowledge.
The project must necessarily be related to socio-educational intervention in one of these four fields:
TFG educacion social
|Social Services ||Labour insertion |
|Leisure, Culture and Community Development ||Citizenship |