The curriculum consists of four interrelated modules which offer comprehensive in-depth knowledge of teaching.
Here at Deusto, we have designed this programme to strike a balance between:
- Theory and practice
- Tradition and innovation
- Research and professional development
This will enable you to work at a school and to continue your education throughout the rest of your life.
|Basic Module|| |
- Students complete this module during the first two years of study.
|Teaching Module|| |
- This module is taught throughout the degree programme and is the broadest of the four.
|Practicum Module||- This is completed in the second and fourth years of study. |
- It consists of 3 subjects.
- This is the most important module in this undergraduate programme. It focuses on direct contact with schools, teacher training and in-depth research of schools, learning and assisting Primary Education students. You will be working at a school for a long period of time while the university monitors your training.
|Specialist Module||- This module is completed in the third and fourth year of study. |
- It consists of 5 subjects.
- It will enable you to specialise in certain fields of Primary Education (Hearing and Speech Sciences and Physical Education Specialisms).