Students learn to combine the knowledge and competences of both Bachelor’s degree programmes in these studies. This double profile is widely demanded, combining sport and education. These qualifications pave the way to teaching at any level.
Graduates in Primary Education and Physical Activity and Sports Sciences are highly skilled in the following:
- Combining education and physical activity and sports competences, in the scopes of formal and non-formal education.
- A wide range of physical activity and sports programmes, without overlooking their psychological, sociological, organisational aspects and others. These graduates are prepared to use the best method for each of them.
- Assisting and supporting people of any age in their personal and social growth process.
- Design, development, leadership and assessment of training, projects and programmes centred on physical activity and sport.
- Searching and proposing teaching solutions to improve sports activities.
- Dynamising groups, paying particular attention to each person's characteristics and circumstances.
- Promoting physical activity as a healthy habit.
NOTE: Availability is required from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- If you feel a vocation for teaching and you enjoy helping people of different ages and circumstances with their learning process...
- And, in addition, you are interested in sport at all levels and feel that physical activity and sport are key areas of Education, this double Bachelor’s degree will be a good fit for you.
|Physical Activity/Sports Education (Physical Activity and Sports Science)||Physical Education (Primary Education)|
|This specialism centres on ensuring that students learn the fundamentals of teaching and education in the field of sports and physical activities.||This specialist preparation will provide the knowledge needed to teach the subject "Physical Education" in Primary Education.|
The main language of instruction is Basque. Students also have the option of taking subjects in English. Once students have completed the degree requirements, they will receive a certificate from the Basque Government accrediting the C1* profile (*BOPV -Decree 47/2012) for the Basque language as they will have completed over 60% of their subjects in Basque.
Deusto has new facilities, which have been especially designed for use in this degree programme. The UD also has agreements with city and private sports centres to ensure that students learn the fundamentals of sports activities in situ.
Deusto students receive personal guidance and assistance throughout the degree programme thanks to the Tutorial Plan, which focuses on addressing the most important aspects in each year of study. For instance, there is a specific action plan in place to help first-year students adapt to university life. In the fourth year of study, the tutorials centre on job prospects and entering the job market.
Students have the support of a personal tutor throughout their studies. The tutor is the person to turn to when there is any type of problem or question (about studies, personal matters that affect academic performance, new ideas for improvement, etc.).
A practical dynamic methodology
One of the University’s key objectives is that students learn by doing. Therefore, the Deusto Education Model ensures that the learning process is student-centred.
|1.Experiential context||We know that we learn from experience. Therefore, at Deusto, our starting point is the student's previous knowledge.|
|2.Reflective observation||Once the previous background has been explored, it is essential to reflect on and examine these ideas.|
|3.Providing context||We compare our previous knowledge with written theory on the theme.|
|4.Active learning||Learning does not only involve understanding theory but putting it into practice. This is attained through activities, exercises, internships, projects and/or research which affords each student the opportunity to use different abilities.|
|5.Assessment||Lastly, the assessment process comprises reflection on what the student has learned and evaluation of the work completed.|