In the fourth year of study, you will do an internship to apply the competences and abilities acquired during your studies. The University of Deusto has signed collaboration agreements with international centres that guarantee internships for all students. Host centres range from secondary schools, translation offices, language mediation offices, publishing companies to language centres.
Centres of practices
Individually supervised internships
Two tutors (an on site tutor from the host institution where the internships are undertaken and a university tutor) supervise students’ progress throughout the internship, and report on their progress regarding the general competences and the specific competences required.
- Round off theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Facilitate students’ real-world understanding of the workplace where they will have to perform, compare and apply the acquired knowledge.
- Promote the development of technical, methodological, personal and participatory competences.
- Enable students to gain practical experience that will help them to broaden their skills and enter the job market.
- Enrich their interpersonal relationships through interaction with the members of the host organisation where the internship is held.
Graduates with work experience
Internships will enable you to acquire skills and abilities in real scenarios related to your future career.
Internships are undertaken in companies, organisations, public and private bodies in Spain and abroad. This first work experience is an ideal opportunity for you to show your professional aptitudes and to enrich your curriculum vitae.
New internship agreements with companies are made each year so that all students can have this experience. There are a wide range of internships in companies and institutions and they are adapted to today’s changing economic context