The BA in Modern Languages will give you access to a wide range of industry sectors.
- Translation and interpretation, computer aided translation, technical writing, literary translation.
- Linguistic technicians in European government, state exams for EU governmental positions, airports, airlines, tourism.
- Multinationals in various fields of trade, transports or language teaching.
Communication and publishing
- The media, press, radio and television, news agencies, magazines and cultural journals.
- The publishing industry, editorial management (literary critics, proofreaders, readers, literary agents, style editors) printers, advertising agencies and graphic design).
- Writers, editors, script writers, screen adaptation, dubbing/subtitling, documentaries.
- Language assessment, policy, cultural mediation, consultancy for institutions and firms.
Courses and cultural leisure
- Cultural technicians: for the cultural promotion of city halls, regional councils, public and private organisations, cultural events
- Cultural entertainment: literary, theatre workshops, exhibitions, competitions
- Teaching and Research: schools (private, state and subsidised), language centres and universities.
Information and communication technologies
- Online documents in ICT companies, internet portals, websites.
- Computerised libraries, archives, public and private libraries, documentation and research centres, OPAC, Library 2.0.
- Computational linguistics applied to speech recognition, information retrieval, automatic translation.
- Networking language resources: texts, dictionaries, grammar consultancy tools.
- Computer aided language teaching, online methodologies and multimedia, distance learning, e-learning.