The fields of rehabilitation, readaptation, physical activity, exercise and sport play a key role in addressing issues such as health prevention, protection, maintenance and promotion, as they are the main drivers to respond to increased demand in healthcare.
In this regard, the future professionals from the Double Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy and Physical Activity and Sports Sciences at the University of Deusto will acquire the skills in physical and functional fitness and recovery, rehabilitation and readaptation, education, sports training and initiation, organisation, promotion and management of healthy habits and socio-recreational activities, etc.; these are key tools to respond to such demand in an effective and healthy way.
This double degree enables the synergy of two degree programmes across different health and sports areas. The two professional roles comprise the skills set of each profession, thus broadening the range of care areas and significantly increasing career prospects.
Likewise, the University has a firm commitment to innovative education, offering new sports facilities alongside simulation laboratories and spaces that ensure the suitable means to develop and acquire skills in a practical and experiential way.
In this double degree programme, you will learn to…
- Address people’s health from a health prevention, protection and promotion perspective.
- Describe, identify and evaluate health problems.
- Design, develop, and lead training, projects and programmes focused on physical activity and sport.
- Master the good practice of the methods, procedures, techniques and devices both, hands-on treatment and physio equipment, used in Physiotherapy and Physical Activity and Sports Sciences to recover, restore, protect and maintain people’s health and performance.
- Develop interpersonal and listening skills to ensure good care is delivered and the prescribed treatment is followed.
- Bear in mind the wide variety of social, financial, physical, biological, environmental circumstances that affect people’s health during the therapeutic process.
- Be competent in health education and the design of therapeutic interventions that promote physical activity and other healthy habits.
- Make the most of the human body’s potential, at the physical, motor and mental levels.
- Streamline groups from a large number of physical-sports programmes.
- Boost and maximise research in Physiotherapy and Physical Activity and Sports Sciences to promote professional activities based on scientific evidence.
- Critically reflect on the various scientific, clinical and ethical issues related to the profession.
If you are interested in rehabilitation, restoration and prevention of people’s health problems and, in turn, you consider that physical activity and sport alongside education are essential to maintain healthy living habits, then this double degree programme is right for you.
Language proficiency is increasingly important to be a more competitive professional in the job market. Therefore, the Faculty of Psychology and Education promotes degree programmes taught in three languages: Spanish, Basque and English.
Students will study mainly in Basque and will also take some subjects in Spanish. Thus, all students will achieve the credits required to obtain the C1 Basque language level recognition from the Basque Government*.
Those who wish so may enrol in subjects taught in English.
* Basque Country Official Gazette (BOPV)- Decree 47/2012