Are you interested in language, culture and literature?
This double degree is intended for students interested in: mastering the written and spoken use of Basque and English; receiving training in text production, edition and translation; reflecting on the situation of Basque culture in a globalised world, and enjoying the linguistic diversity of Basque and English.
Combine the local and the international
Students enrich their perspective by working simultaneously on local and international cultures, and their options to access the job market become more diverse.
- The main focus is on Basque and English, while students learn another foreign language to a basic level (French German, Chinese or Arabic).
- Students acquire the necessary competences to translate to and from Basque, English and Spanish.
- Study in depth the relationship among different languages, cultures and societies.
- Students learn that languages and cultures can be tools for the construction of more equal relations between genders and social groups.
Dynamic and participative methodology
The degree consists of taught sessions, held in the morning. The student plays an active role in and out of the classroom, with the tutor's support at all times.
This will be achieved through diverse activities:
- In-class presentations by lecturers and students.
- Participation in seminars.
- Critical analyses.
- Group reflection and discussion.
- Individual and group projects and reports.
- Analysis and discussion of case studies