In addition to the general requirements for entry to PhD programmes, these studies have programme-specific requirements.
- Transcript of the undergraduate or equivalent degree, or postgraduate degree. A minimum average mark of 7 is required. In absence of the prior requirement, proof of professional merits must be submitted, including at least one of the following:
- A publication of which the applicant is the sole author in an indexed legal journal;
- Two individual or co-authored communications which have been accepted at specialised legal conferences;
- At least four years practising or teaching Law.
- Have earned at least 60 ETCS credits in the field of Law in the undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
- Research capacity as shown through the research work carried out. If applicants do not fulfil the recommended profile, they will be notified of the additional courses required to enter the PhD programme upon admission.
- Appropriate level of languages:
- Spanish, Catalan or Basque: native speaker.
- English: provide proof of having achieved a level higher than B1 in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), that is, Cambridge ESOL Preliminary English Test (PET) or its American equivalent (TOEFL iBT 80, TOEFL pBT 540). Or prove an adequate knowledge by sitting the internal exam held by each faculty, or through a personal interview with the person assigned by the programme coordinator