The University of Deusto is emblematic for significant and autonomous learning in all its different degree programmes. It also provides students on the Master’s programme with a wide range of resources that will contribute to the adequate development of teaching competences.
-Resource Centre for learning and research -CRAI The UD Library centralises services for students, researchers and academic staff from every degree programme. Facilities include:
- 9,536 m2 which house collections, 1600m2 of which are open access collections.
- 3 general reading rooms with 750 workstations.
- 12 group study rooms
- 12 student seminar rooms
- 33 carrels for 66 researchers
- Other resources such as: the multimedia room with 18 workstations, the media library, reference room with 80 workstations, a car park with 68 spaces and a student dining room. It is fully equipped with the latest technology; the entire building is a Wi-Fi zone.
The Library covers approximately 9,000 m2 and has 1,307 reading stations. Of its 997,153 volumes, 13,734 are printed periodicals. There are 1,624 e-resources (monographic studies, periodicals and databases).
Deusto’s University Library, both at its Bilbao and San Sebastian campuses, has been audited and certified by AENOR on the 2nd Surveillance Audit of the Quality Management System pursuant to the UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 Standard in 2007.
-Bilbao campus has 4 computer rooms with 256 computers for students in 509,12m2. In addition, it has the rooms at ESIDE Faculty of Engineering, which are also available if needed. It also has Wi-Fi in almost all its spaces.
The corporate web page with over 30 subsites, an extranet for students, a specific page for new students with complete information to enter the University such as how to apply to the university, further information, interviews, etc.
This service gives students access to the extranet:
- Review their personal data
- Exam information and timetables
- Number of enrolled and passed credits
- Grades: Provisional and final
- Academic record
- Dates, timetable and venue of exam reviews
- Links to blogs of interest
- Unread mail messages
- Email service
- Useful information to “get around” the university campus.
- Direct contact with the Vice Rector of Student Affairs
- Information to book sports facilities.
- Enrolment in solidarity activities
- Fully personalised curriculum.
- Syllabus for each subject
- Additional material for each subject.
Provisional grades can be received in the email address or via SMS by adding the mobile number to the extranet
-E-learning Platform (ALUD) The University of Deusto’s Alud online platform will be used to ensure that the required resources and material are available and to monitor learning through tutorials.
In this way, students will have the opportunity to:
- Access different materials and resources: texts, videos, websites…
- Form groups to work collaboratively.
- Be in contact with the teaching staff and lecturers.
- Receive information of general interest for all the participants from the master’ director.