Global Studies and Business Courses
- International Business (in English) (3 US Credits/ 6 ECTS):
The aim of this course is to analyze marketing, communication and business strategies at a practical level. It offers an approach to Spanish economy and market through examples from the Bilbao business area, where the University of Deusto is located. The course includes some visits to companies in order to offer students the chance to get to know different business models of financial development in the areas of production, services, and public institutions.
- Culture and Politics in Contemporary Spain (3 cr. USA / 6 ECTS)
- European Union Studies (in English) NEW COURSE (3 US Credits/ 6 ECTS)
- Global Politics and Economy (in English) NEW COURSE (3 US Credits/ 6 ECTS)
- Intercultural Communication (in English) NEW COURSE ( 3 US Credits/6 ECTS)
Spanish Language in Context
- Spanish Language courses NEW COURSES
- Advanced Spanish Grammar, Composition and Translation : 3 cr. USA / 6 ECTS
- Advanced Spanish Conversation : 3 cr. USA / 6 ECTS
* Students can take 3 hours of Spanish per day (8 ECTS / 4 US Credits) or just 2 hours (6 ECTS / 3 US Credits) with no conversation component.
Visits to companies
The academic program is complemented by guided visits to companies or institutions. These visits are open to all Business, International Relations and Spanish Summer Program students.
Some of the companies and institutions visited in the previous Summer Programs:
- Mondragon Cooperative Society
- Biscay Technology Park
- Marques del Riscal Wineries
- Bilbao Stock Market
- Basque Automotive Industry Cluster