A wide variety of companies require experts in maritime transport:
- Export departments focusing on international trade, multi-modal transport companies
- Handling companies in ports, transit…
- Law firms, shipping agents, sea transport agencies in the liner industry
- Chartering departments in shipping companies
- Advisors to port authorities, legal international maritime traffic
You can also perform the following tasks:
- Assess, if necessary, the legal aspects of Sea Transport of Merchandise contracts (Chartering).
- Close ship contracts
- Prepare settlements in cases of sea casualties and incidents in insurance companies.
- Organise and coordinate different means of transport
- Settle ships’ accounts for ports of call.
- Logistics control in the port and shipping industry
- Advise on international merchandise trade, through appropriate use of Incoterms
- Foster the internationalisation of firms operating in global trade.
- Use the proper means and documents from the field of international trade
- Work in Port and Maritime Administration.
- Work in national trade offices abroad.