1.- Duly completed application form
Accompanied by the following:
- Application form:
Application form - Postgraduate studies 2016_17
- A valid ID card.
Passport, only for foreign students (for EU citizens, the ID card is also valid).
- Academic transcript of BA, BSc, Licenciatura, Engineering, Diploma, Technical Engineering degree certificate or equivalent. A photocopy.
- Certificate issued by the university or competent body, accrediting that the degree certificate obtained is valid for access to Master’s programmes in the country where it was issued. Only applicable for degree certificates issued by foreign universities. A photocopy.
- Motivation letter: two pages (maximum 800 words) outlining your motivation, potential to study successfully at postgraduate level and future professional interests.
- Curriculum Vitae, with a photocopy of the relevant supporting documents.
- Certification of competence in a foreign language (C1 in English).
The following accreditations may be submitted: Certificate in Advanced English - CAE, BEC Higher, TOEFL (above 80 points), IELTS (above 6.5 points). Failing such accreditations, candidates also have the possibility to take an internal level test organised by the Language Institute of Deusto University, or to take and pass the Institute’s C1 level English course. In the event that the candidate can only provide proof of a B2 level in English when applying to the Master’s degree , he/she may be admitted provisionally on the condition that proof of having reached the C1 level is provided in September when enrolling. These candidates are explicitly required to improve their level of English between application and enrolment.
The deadline for application submissions can be found at "application calendar"
2.- Personal Interview
If the Admissions Committee considers it appropriate, it may summon the candidate for a personal interview with the programme directorate. This interview may be conducted in person, by telephone or via a video conference call.
3.- Admissions Test
Only those candidates who do not possess a degree in Business Management or a related discipline with a significant focus on business/management subjects will be asked to take this test. The test will measure skills related to the area of strategic management. Additionally, for candidates interested in pursuing the Research Itinerary the test will include questions for evaluating the possession of knowledge of mathematical concepts and the quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques.
The following criteria will be taken into consideration when assessing potential candidates:
- Degree and academic record
- Level of English
- Curriculum Vitae: mentioning any previous experience in the economic or business sphere; achievements attained outside the field of work or study; training and accredited skills.
- Motivation for undertaking the Programme
5.- Notification of admission
Once the process has been completed and assessed, candidates will be notified of the result by letter. The final decision on admissions rests with the directorate of the programme and is based on a balance of the application, curriculum, personal essay, personal interview, etc.
All applicants will be notified by post of the admission decision concerning their first option. In the event that first choice is “Declined”, the second option will be processed if it is included on the application. See www.consultadeadmisionesposgrado.deusto.es to check your admission status. Foreign nationals must use the student number that will be assigned to them via email.
As places are limited on degree programmes, the University of Deusto offers the “Pre-enrolment” system. Those individuals whose admission is accepted will need to reserve their place within the period stipulated in the Admissions Letter. Failure to reserve a place within the period stipulated will imply loss of that place, which will be awarded to another candidate.
The amount to be paid to reserve a place (450€) will be returned only in the event of those candidates who have been admitted conditionally who provide supporting documents which, following re-sits in September, have failed to successfully complete their studies leading to the degree qualification required.
All candidates must complete their registration within the deadlines set in the letter of admission. Students may enrol and collect information on deadlines, documents, etc. at the General Secretariat.