The Euroculture programme offers a research track and a professional track. In the third semester, students choose between following research seminars at one of the partner universities and doing an internship equivalent to 25 ECTS.
The aim of the internship is to give an insight in the relation between the academic training and the social reality and can be done at any institution either in the country of your ‘home university’ or abroad where relevant job experience can be acquired. This includes public or private sector institutions, such as government organizations, NGOs, research institutions, the media or international companies. The internship takes place during the third semester and should connect as closely as possible to the goals set for the Euroculture programme.
Euroculture students based at Deusto have done internships in partner organizations such as the following (examples):
- European Commission
- United Nations Office for Project Services
- United Nations interregional crime and justice research institute
- Embassies and consulates
- Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation
- European Centre for Minority Issues
- Institute of Cultural Diplomacy
- Swedish Institute of International Affairs
- Médecins du Monde
- Trans Europe Halles
- Rome Independent Film Festival
- The Venice Biennale
- European House of Culture