In order to contrast the design of the Master’s with potential employers (institutions, companies and social entities), a consultation process was carried out. This process led to some of features for the required professional profile:
- From an institutional perspective, there is a need for cross-cutting, comprehensive professionals with a global vision of cities and territories. Facilitators of collaborative governance within the institution itself and in relation to other sectors and actors.
- From a business perspective, there is a need for professionals who are capable of understanding and interacting with other sectors and actors in the public-private governance of cities and territories.
- From the point of view of social entities, we need professionals trained to understand the institutional-business and non-profit governance of cities and territories. Professionals trained to intervene in projects in emerging cities and territories.
- Finally, most of the people interviewed stressed that the academic experience and the network of relations with the institutional, business and social environment place the University of Deusto in an ideal position to carry out the training of specialists in this area of governance for sustainable urban development, in which a need for qualified professionals has been identified.
Graduates from the Master's degree will be qualified to work in:
- Local institutions and public administrations: as part of the structure in city/town councils, local government, in public societies and municipal autonomous bodies related to the subject areas on the course.
- Provincial, territorial and regional institutions and public administrations: local government offices, departments linked to governance, territorial and urban planning, and in the public societies and provincial, territorial and regional bodies.
- Regional institutions and government: in the structure of the presidency, departments and councils linked to governance, territorial planning and urban planning, and in the public societies and autonomous regional bodies linked to the matters that concern us.
- State-level public institutions and administrations: in the presidency structure, ministries linked to governance, territorial and urban planning, and in the public societies and autonomous state bodies linked to the matters that concern us.
- The administrations of international bodies such as the European Union or the United Nations System (UN, UNHABITAT, UNDP, UNESCO, WTO, ...).
- Associations, federations and networks of cities and municipalities of a territorial, autonomous, state or international nature.
- The world of consultancy: in the areas and departments linked to public activity and, especially, to city issues.
- The business world: in institutional relations and corporate social responsibility areas; and in the business areas and units linked to the generation of products, services or experiences developed for the urban environment.
- Social entities, such as neighbourhood associations and federations, as well as foundations and NGOs focused on environmental, social, economic and cultural activities in urban environments. Universities, research centres and technology centres: both in their management, institutional relations and social responsibility areas and in their training, research and transfer units focused on cities.
The generation of our own entrepreneurial projects, based on previous experience and acquired in t urban innovation laboratories, internships and Master’s final projects, within the framework of the University of Deusto incubators.