Number of European credits (ECTS): 15.
Type (compulsory/elective): compulsory.
Previous requirements: Students must have achieved the competences developed in each module to do the Master’s Final Project.
The Master´s Final Project is linked with all the competences of the Master´s degree to a larger or lesser extent, as it is regarded as a space where all the professional skills developed during the whole degree converge. However, it is more specifically related to the following competences:
See list of competences
Training activities and their related competences
The Master´s Final Project contributes to the development of the core and specific competences of the degree.
Its development enables students to apply, transfer and implement the skills acquired throughout the modules in real professional situations, which involves the development of diagnostic, research and assessment processes.
Students will have to reflect on and show their level of understanding and integration of the following actions in their Final Project:
- Identify a real situation, fact, event or problem, known and/or experienced by the student or well-known and common in educational centres.
- Describe and relate it to the contents seen on the Master´s degree, bibliographical sources and personal experience.
- Diagnose it, including an analysis from an organizational perspective.
- Draw up a Specific Action Plan (related to innovation, improvement or research), duly explained and justified.
- Develop the Specific Action Plan wholly or in some of its phases.
- Set out critical analyses, assessment, conclusions and proposals about the work done.
Assesment and grading systems
The Master´s Final Project will cover the main course contents of the Master’s programme and will focus on a specific area of School Administration. Projects will be assessed at a viva voce examination and through the director’s report, which will be used to assess the progress made by the student.
- Clearly identify a real or common problem of an educational centre.
- Describe problems thoroughly and relate them to the contents of the Master´s degree, their personal experience and bibliographical sources.
- Diagnose problems from an organizational perspective.
- Specify the areas of improvement, the necessary resources and those responsible for carrying them out.
- Work out a specific action plan related to innovation or research, duly explained and justified.
- Develop the action plan jointly with previous actions in a coherent way.
- Set out different processes to perform critical analysis, assessments, conclusions and proposals about the work done.
trabajo fin de master contenidos
|Unit 1. Master's final project ||- Assess, research or innovate. |
- The nature and meaning of change projects.
- Structure of a change project.
- Formulation of the Master´s Final Project.
|Unit 2. Master´s Final Project ||- Definition and specification of the problem. |
- Research on theoretical, contextual and normative background.
- Definition of the project’s structure.
- Development of the study and management of incidents. Strategies for outcome analysis.
- The meaning of the conclusions and proposals derived from the results.
- Bibliographic references.
|Unit 3. Personal planning of the process ||- Work calendar. |
- First drafts.
- Relationship with the tutor.
- Presentation and defence of the Master´s Final Project.
- General administrative aspects.
The Master´s Final Project has specific rules regarding access, choice of topic, deadlines, presentation and defence procedure, assessment criteria, etc.