PhD programme in Human Rights: Ethical, Social and Political Challenges, offered by the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, University of Deusto (UD), is a multidisciplinary programme which aims to provide an advanced cross-cutting framework within the field of human rights.
Number of places on the programme: 25
Language of instruction: Spanish and English.
The PhD programme is organised as a means to fulfil the commitment to promote social justice with human rights as the reference framework. The objectives of the programme are as follows:
- Generate knowledge on challenges in the field of human rights from an interdisciplinary perspective that contributes to the international debate on these issues.
- Train excellent researchers, so that they are not only prepared to pursue academic careers but also to serve society in our country and/or their home countries as highly qualified researchers.
- Foster knowledge on European experiences and perspectives based both on their own internal transformations and on their implications in other regions across the world.
- Share the generated knowledge through networks and publications, thus establishing the necessary links to help to direct political action and promote social and humanitarian development.
Associated centres and departments
The programme is also set up as a collaboration project between different centres and departments of the UD Faculty of Human and Social Sciences and the Law Faculty, thus ensuring the multidisciplinary nature of the programme. The following work closely with the programme:
- The Pedro Arrupe Human Rights Institute, Inter-faculty Institute of the UD Faculty of Social and Human Sciences and the Law Faculty
- The Department of Social Work, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences
- The University of Deusto's Centre for Applied Ethics
Download the Programme guide