The aims of this course...
- Ensure students acquire skills and knowledge that promote an interdisciplinary approach in gerontology care.
- Develop the skills to evaluate and diagnose structures and functions related to healthy and pathological ageing, from the individual, group and social perspectives.
- Learn to design and effectively and efficiently implement procedures, techniques, intervention strategies, programmes and services focusing on the elderly and formal and informal care givers.
- Acquire professional skills and methodological and scientific knowledge to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the interventions and programmes for older people.
- Develop the ethical, communication, and relational competences necessary for quality intervention with the elderly.