The University of Deusto promotes significant and autonomous learning that permeates across all its different degree programmes. It also provides students on the Master’s with a wide range of resources that will contribute to the adequate development of teaching competences.
DeustoPsych is attached to the Faculty of Psychology and Education and carries out the following tasks:
- Coordinate resources for research, development and innovation in the field of Psychology and Health.
- Manage knowledge transfer for research teams.
- Teach advanced specialist subjects in the different programmes.
This centralised library offers its services to students, researchers and lecturers from all degree programmes. Facilities available:
- 9,536 m2 devoted to collections, 1,600 m2 of which are collections available for general use.
- 3 general reading rooms with 750 seating spaces.
- 12 group study rooms.
- 12 seminar rooms for students
- 33 carrels for 66 researchers.
- Other resources: multimedia room with 18 places, multimedia library, reference room with 80 seating spaces, 68 parking spaces, coffee shop and refectory. It is fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology and has Wi-Fi in all the building.
It has about 9,000 m2 and 1,307 reading spaces. It has a total of 997,153 volumes, 13,734 of which are printed periodicals. There are 1,624 e-resources (monographs, periodicals and databases) available.
Deusto’s University Library, both at its Bilbao and San Sebastian campuses, has been audited and certified by AENOR on the 2nd Surveillance Audit of the Quality Management System pursuant to the UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 standard in 2007.
Computing and technological facilities and services
There are 4 computing rooms for student use at the Bilbao campus, with a total of 256 computers in 509.12 m2. In addition, there are also a number of rooms available at the Faculty of Engineering (ESIDE). It also has Wi-Fi access in all spaces.
There is a corporate web page with more than 30 sites, a student Extranet, a specific website for new students with all the information necessary to gain access to the University, including the application form and request forms to apply for information and an interview.
At the student extranet, students will find:
- Their personal data
- Exam dates
- Information about credits taken and completed
- Marks: provisional and final
- Academic record
- Exam dates, times and venues
- Blog links of interest
- The number of unread email messages
- Online email service
- Useful information to “get around” the university campus
- Direct contact with the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs
- Information on how to book sports spaces
- Registration in solidarity activities
- Full personalised course syllabus
- Syllabus for each subject
- Additional material for each subject
Students will also receive an SMS with their provisional marks if they enter their mobile phone on the student extranet and their email address.
ALUD e-learning platform
The Master’s course is supported by the Alud online platform at the University of Deusto, which will enable students to gain access to the resources and documents available and supervise their learning process through tutorial support.
In this way, students will:
- Have access to different materials and resources: texts, videos, websites…
- Work collaborately with others.
- Keep in contact with lecturers and tutors.
- Receive useful information for all participants in the Master’s programme.