In compliance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, students must hold an official Spanish university diploma or the equivalent issued by an institution of higher education in the European Higher Education Area in order to enter Master’s degree programmes.
According to the provisions set down in Order ECI/3858/2007 for entry to the Master's degree in Compulsory Secondary Education, Upper Secondary Education, Vocational Training and Language Teaching, the requirements are as follow:
- Applicants must hold a university degree in the specialist field selected: (See degrees)
- Applicants must also provide proof of a B1 level (Common European Framework of References for Languages) in a foreign language by submitting the certificate to this effect. The University of Deusto may require applicants who cannot provide the certificate to sit an exam to determine their level. This exam will only be valid to fulfil the language requirement to enter this Master’s degree programme at the University of Deusto. No official certificate will be awarded. This exam will be held:
- 11 June 2018 (4pm).
- (Equivalence Table)
A minimum of 10 students must be enrolled to hold the specialist courses.
Candidates wishing to enter this programme should have the following profile:
- Interest in education
- An aptitude for introspection and personal insight
- A positive attitude to interpersonal relationships
- Awareness of others’ needs
Although there is no Basque language requirement to enter this Masters’ programme, please note that teachers wishing to work in public and subsidised schools in the Basque Autonomous Community are required to comply with the official Basque language profile for teachers.
The selection process includes assessment of the following:
- A personal statement: Two pages (maximum 800 words) outlining your motivation, potential to study successfully at postgraduate level and future professional interests.
- Academic record.
- Previous postgraduate studies or continuing education related to this Master’s degree programme.
- Previous work experience.
- Language competences in Spanish, Basque and English.
- Motivation to undertake the programme, professional aims, attitudes and values related to a professional career in this fiel.
- The candidate selection process will include an interview.