PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- The University of Deusto informs the university community and particularly the users of the website www.deusto.es that a number of automated files containing personal data that may be provided through any physical or electronic means will be created as a result of the use of the website of the University of Deusto. When personal data are requested, the University of Deusto ensures compliance with the current legislation on data protection.
- Users guarantee the veracity and authenticity of the information and data provided to the University of Deusto through the means available to the university community, and especially under the use of the website www.deusto.es. Users will be required to keep the information and data provided updated so that they correspond to their actual status at all times.
Users will be responsible for the damages that the University of Deusto and/or third parties may suffer as a result of the lack of veracity, inaccuracy, lack of validity and authenticity of the data provided.
- In compliance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999, of 13 December, regarding Personal Data Protection and Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on the Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, personal data will be collected, stored and saved in automated files, which will be previously communicated to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, and are owned by and under the responsibility of the University of Deusto. These files are located at the information systems of the University of Deusto at Avenida de las Universidades 24, 48007 – Bilbao.
- The recorded data shall be confidential and shall be used exclusively to provide the services of the University of Deusto, to send information about courses, educational and cultural products and university activities, and for statistical purposes, to manage incidents or conduct market surveys, in addition to the express purposes for which data were collected.
- By providing personal data to the University of Deusto, users declare to accept fully and unreservedly the processing of their data; they give their unambiguous consent and grant express authorisation for the corresponding processing of their personal data for the purposes of the University of Deusto.
Withdrawal of consent form
- The personal data provided by users may be communicated to a third party only to fulfil the purposes identified above, in line with the provisions of Article 11 of Organic Law 15/1999 on Personal Data Protection, provided that consent is given by the interested parties when necessary.
- The University of Deusto undertakes to comply with the obligation to maintain secrecy regarding the processed personal data and adopts the necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of the personal data provided and avoid their alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorised access, given the current state of technology, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed, whether from human action or the physical or natural environment.
Notwithstanding this, due to the current security conditions in Internet, the University of Deusto cannot guarantee the lawful use of user information by third parties. Consequently, the University of Deusto does not guarantee or assumes any responsibility for any damages that may arise from the alteration, loss, processing, unauthorised access or illicit use of user information by third parties.
- Users may exercise their rights of access, amendment, cancellation and objection to the handing of your personal data previously collected and stored by the University of Deusto.
Those interested in the protection of their rights should fill the form corresponding to the right claimed, among those described below:
- Right of access form.
- Right to rectification form.
- Right of cancellation form.
- Right to object form.
The duly completed form and the required supporting documents in each of the cases must be submitted to the General Secretariat of the University of Deusto, if the group concerned is that of students and the matter in question is academic in nature, or to the Internal Control Unit of the University of Deusto in all other cases.
It may also be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exercise of these rights shall not affect in any way the website or, if any, the user’s subscriber status.
- The University of Deusto uses pixels, or transparent GIF files to help manage our online advertising. These GIF files are provided by our ad management partner, DoubleClick. These files enable DoubleClick to recognise a unique cookie on its Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Web site. The cookie was placed by us, or by another advertiser who works with DoubleClick. With both cookies and Spotlight technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. For further information about DoubleClick, including information about how to opt out these technologies, please go to [http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy]. The websites that are currently using pixels or transparent GIF files are: Institute of Postgraduate Studies and Continuing Education.
- The University of Deusto obtains information:
When you open an account to become a user and provide data such as your name, email, company where you work, country, etc.
When the user provides additional information in their profile or to their private contacts or they join or publish information in groups, replies or other communications between members.
Like all websites, the University of Deusto automatically receives information concerning the use made by users of Internet such as their IP, the URLs of the sites from which they arrive or leave the community, their browser type, etc.
The University of Deusto holds information provided by users in connection with the services available such as surveys or other research conducted with their consent.
- The username and password chosen by the user in the registration process are personal and non-transferable.
In this regard, the user agrees to diligently guard your Username and Password, adopting the necessary measures to prevent loss, theft, disclosure to third parties or unauthorised use. Similarly, the user undertakes to make proper and diligent use of their Username and Password, and is solely responsible for their illegal use or contrary to these General Terms.
- The University of Deusto uses the information provided by the user to:
Allow to share information and communicate with other users or provide personal data to third parties that offer combined services with the University of Deusto.
Manage their account with us and customise the service we provide to our users.
Send information about our services by email and other notices on the website.
Publish the set of data for which the user has granted permission in the allowed searches.